Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mini Mushroom Cap Pizzas

This is a simple, but delicious dish that I tried after seeing some pre-made mushroom cap pizzas in the grocery store. These ones, however, had dairy cheese on them, therefore I chose not to eat them. I decided to make my own instead. 


These mini pizzas made a perfect meal while I finished reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. :)

Ingredients
  • 2 mushroom caps 
  • Pesto sauce (I made my own)
  • Tomato sauce (I made my own) or chopped tomatoes
  • Your choice of veggies (I used chopped onions and peppers) 
  • Daiya cheddar cheese  Use real cheese from grass-fed animals 
Instructions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F. 
2. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease with vegetable oil. 
3. Place mushroom caps face down so that the stem faces up. 
4. Cover the bottom of each cap with pesto. 
5. Add the tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes. 
6. Layer veggie toppings. 
7. Sprinkle Daiya cheese. 
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. 

Notes

If you want the cheese to be more melted, broil for 1 minute after baking. 

Although Daiya cheese is quite good, I do not recommend eating it all the time. Enjoy this dish on occasion, prepare without cheese, or try making alternative cheeses, such as those made from cashews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment